An exceptional opportunity exists for the right individual to join our rapidly growing global company, focusing on the advisory and structuring of sustainable development assets, ESG facilitation and carbon project offset origination.
Reporting to the Head of Origination APAC, we are looking for a positive, enthusiastic individual who can bring a solutions based approach to facilitate the development, execution and management of projects, assisting in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
The successful candidate will ideally be Brisbane based, however Sydney candidates are also encouraged to apply.
An outstanding opportunity to make a real contribution towards achieving a world with Net-Zero carbon emissions for future generations to come.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with project developers, financial institutions, regulators and other industry bodies.
Represent Viridios in public engagements, conferences and summits.
- Identify and assist with corporate solutions and sales efforts when required.
- Work closely with the Head of Origination APAC to develop, execute and manage origination projects in the Australasian region.
- Establish and foster strong cross-functional relationships with teams across Viridios Group
- Experience with nature based projects (including REDD+) that have successfully issued carbon credits with either VERRA, Gold Standard, Climate Action Reserve, or American Carbon Registry (e.g. either working from carbon project development, certification, or verification)
- Ability to undertake some travel, mostly Australia based with the potential of some overseas travel in the Asia-Pacific region,
- Driver’s Licence,
- 5+ years experience in a relevant role within the climate sustainability markets,
- Ability to work autonomously, self motivated and goal oriented
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills,
- Strong communication, negotiation, and diplomacy skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal colleagues
- Knowledge of carbon market trends and dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or a related field,
- Background in agronomy, soil science and or forestry highly regarded.
- Experience with GIS mapping applications and Geoprocessing tools would be beneficial but not essential.
We offer attractive salaries, and a creative work environment in an industry that is striving to make a difference. Employees have the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and the opportunity to be part of a truly global company with exposure to one of the most exciting and emerging market places today.
Viridios Capital is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.