An exceptional opportunity exists for the right individual to join our rapidly growing global company, focusing on the advisory and structuring of sustainable development assets, ESG facilitation and carbon project offset origination, trading and analysis.
Reporting to the General Counsel and working with the Head of Compliance, we are looking for a positive, highly skilled, self driven and enthusiastic individual who can bring their technical expertise to assist in contract preparation, compliance and corporate support across the suite of offerings for Viridios Group.
The successful candidate will work from the Sydney office, under a full time hybrid model, on a two days work from home basis.
This is an outstanding opportunity to make a real contribution towards achieving a world with Net-Zero carbon emissions for future generations to come.
- Assist the General Counsel (UK) with a broad range of contract and financial services legal matters
- Assist the Head of ESG and Compliance (AU) with compliance and regulatory advice
- Assist and advise on due diligence and associated documentation to facilitate investments or acquisitions
- Advise on financial services legislation and regulation as applicable to the business activities of the Viridios Group in Australia
- Preparation of contracts for project development activities, including financing, offtake and distribution agreements
- Support the design, maintenance and monitoring of the ESG, risk and compliance frameworks and programmes
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with law firms, project developers, financial institutions, regulators, and other industry bodies
- Establish and foster strong cross-functional relationships with teams across Viridios Group
- A right to work and reside in Australia
- Legal qualifications and current practising certification with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience ideally within a leading law firm or in-house with a financial institution or multinational corporate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability at all levels to build strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Resilient, adaptable,self motivated and highly credible
- Ability to work autonomously and with excellent time management skills.
- Experience in financial markets highly regarded
- A keen interest and knowledge in carbon market trends and dynamics highly regarded.
We offer attractive salaries, and a creative work environment in an industry that is striving to make a difference. Employees have the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and the opportunity to be part of a truly global company with exposure to one of the most exciting and emerging market places today.
Viridios Capital is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.