Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Risk Officer, we are looking for a positive, enthusiastic individual who is able to interact with key industry participants within the global voluntary carbon markets. With proven skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis to form and present recommendations and points of view, the successful candidate will demonstrate highly numerate and communicative skills with a keen interest in ESG issues affecting global industries today.
The role will be Australia based, working from our office in Mosman, Sydney.
An outstanding opportunity to make a real contribution towards achieving a world with Net-Zero carbon emissions for future generations to come.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with project developers, financial institutions, regulators and other industry bodies.
- Conduct market and industry analysis, evaluating and analysing the financial needs of corporate clients.
- Ability to interpret financial statements and build financial models
- Assisting and conducting investment analysis, research and due diligence contributing to the evolution of project frameworks.
- Identifying investment themes and market events and analysing their impact on investments
- Analysing investment data and material to assist with the ongoing monitoring of investments.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience involving financial investment or credit analytics and research
- Proven experience in modelling and forecasting company cash flows and financial performance
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, self motivated and goal oriented
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative risks
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal colleagues
- Genuine interest in carbon markets and emission reduction
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce, Economics or membership of a professional accounting organisation (Australian or overseas) would be highly considered.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in foreign languages, including Spanish, French or Portuguese whilst not required, would be beneficial.
- Full rights to work in Australia.
We offer attractive salaries, and a creative work environment in an industry that is striving to make a difference. Employees have the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and the opportunity to be part of a truly global company with exposure to one of the most exciting and emerging market places today.
Viridios Capital is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.