An exceptional opportunity exists for the right individual to join our rapidly growing global company, focusing on the identification of new leads in the primary carbon markets, followed by negotiation and structuring of relevant opportunities to source new carbon offsets.
Reporting to the Head of Origination of the Americas, we are looking for a positive, data driven, enthusiastic individual who can bring a solutions-based approach to facilitate the development, execution and management of certified carbon offset projects from lead generation through to the issuance of carbon credits.
The successful candidate can work remotely from any region of the Americas but strong uninterrupted internet with clear video conferencing abilities using Zoom or Google Teams is a must. The teleworking environment must be quiet and organised for live web calls.
This is an outstanding opportunity to make a real contribution towards achieving a world with Net-Zero carbon emissions for future generations to come.
- Perform research and data analysis.
- Conduct web calls and write daily call reports being comfortable making cold calls and creating new relationships.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with project developers, financial institutions, regulators and other industry bodies.
- Represent Viridios in public engagements, conferences and summits.
- Work closely with the Head of Origination Americas to develop, execute and manage the origination of projects in the Americas. This includes identifying leads, carrying out the required due diligence to secure management authorisation to proceed, then conducting negotiations in order to reach the right commercial outcome in a properly documented manner. (Note legal assistance is provided by our in-house General Counsel, but it is assumed the job holder is able to handle most aspects of deal execution.)
- Identify and assist with Corporate Solutions sales efforts whenever required.
- Establish and foster strong cross-functional relationships with teams across Viridios Group.
- Track contacts, webcalls, and progress using digital Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Experience with nature based projects (including REDD+) that have successfully issued carbon credits with either VERRA, Gold Standard, Climate Action Reserve, or American Carbon Registry (e.g. either working from carbon project development, certification, or verification)
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant role within carbon markets, with a focus on deal execution including performing due diligence etc
- Ability to work autonomously, self-motivated and goal oriented
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and diplomacy skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal colleagues
- Knowledge of carbon market trends and dynamics
- Ability to undertake some travel, mostly in the Americas based with the potential of some overseas travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or a related field
- Background in forestry or soil science is highly regarded
- Strong written and verbal fluency in English
- Fluency in Spanish ideal
- Three references that speak to the skills required in the role
We offer attractive salaries, a creative work environment, with unlimited paid time off. Employees have the flexibility to work from remote locations and the opportunity to be a part of a truly global company with the exposure to one of the most exciting and emerging market places today.
Viridios Capital is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.